WWRead-a-thon – What 5 books would you take?
April at My Self Confessions has the last challenge up for the Wonderfully Wicked Read-a-thon. She asks what 5 books we would take with us if there was a zombie apocalypse and we had to hide for 5 years. Here are my answers.
1) M is for Magic by Neil Gaiman. ~ It’s a book of short stories, so it would be like several books in one.
2) War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy. ~ A TV show I once watched, Stargate Atlantis, had a character that took this book with him to another galaxy because it is so long. It’s an in-joke that he’s been on the same page for years. I wouldn’t be able to resist the irony of taking it with me.
3) The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead by Max Brooks. ~ Because fuck you and shut up.
4) The Lord of the Rings Trilogy by JRR Tolkien ~ I happen to have the trilogy smashed into one book, so it counts as one.
5) I’d probably end up taking another book by Neil Gaiman. Stardust, Neverwhere, or The Graveyard Book. I’d want to bring something by Terry Pratchett but I love the Discworld series too much to have to choose just one book.
How many people can I push in the way of zombies so I can take more books? Seriously, I’d probably just take my Kindle. There are over 50 books in there. I’d be set.