What I’m Thankful For…
I should go to bed. I have to get up in the morning and wash my jeans and make a caramel apple cheesecake pie because I made one for the work potluck lunch and now my Mother will kill me if she doesn’t get any. Instead, I’m writing up a Thanksgiving post. (I should be asleep. Or trying to reach today’s word goal for NaNo.) A lot of things have happened in the past year. Some good. Some bad. But here are the things I’m most thankful for.
1) My family is all still alive and in relative good health. This includes my cat, Boots, who decided it would be fun to get pancreatitis last week but is now on the mend and doing fine.
2) I was able to finally move out of my parent’s house after waiting longer than anticipated for an apartment in my chosen complex to become available. Hallelujah! Freedom.
3) I still have a job and while it still has its moments, I am happy to be there.
4) I have made wonderful friends through my book blog, which is only a few months old. I’m having so much fun, even if I am sometimes tearing my hair out over WordPress.
5) I am thankful for all those little occasions of good luck, even those I don’t know about. The time I caught myself before I could fall down the stairs. The raccoon I missed hitting on highway 94 by pure luck. All the times I haven’t dropped, hit, or otherwise done something stupid just because that’s life and those things happen sometimes. I’m thankful for the times those little moments didn’t happen to me.
Tomorrow, I’ll head over to my parents’ house and have turkey and pie and I’ll be bored after a few hours and wish I had brought my laptop so I could write. Because that is what happens every year. But that’s okay. I’m thankful for that too.