2012 Books Challenge – part 2
Are you an avid series reader? Do you want to give a few new series a try? Then this is the reading challenge for you! Participants in the 1st in a Series Challenge decide to start a certain number of series in 2012 and then share their reviews with the community!
God, that’s just me all over. I have the worse habit of picking up a book that looks good on the cover and then reading the blurb to discover it’s like third in a series. Happens all the bloody time. More often than not I can’t help myself but to hunt down the first book in the series and start there. It’s like the curse of the series with me, I kid you not.
I will be entering this challenge at the Series Expert level; meaning I expect to read 12 books that are the first in any series. I’ll probably go over, but for now I have at least that many planned. This year I plan to read:
1) The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner (The Queen’s Thief series)
2) Rosemary and Rue by Seanan McGuire (October Daye series)
3) Tinker by Wen Spencer (Tinker series)
4) Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins (Hex Hall series)
5) Kat, Incorrigible by Stephanie Burgis (The Unladylike Adventures of Kat Stephenson series)
6) Flora Segunda by Ysabeau S. Wilce (Flora Trilogy)
7) Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev (Theatre Illuminata series)
8) Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (Wicked Lovely series)
9) Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz (Blue Bloods series)
10) His Majesty’s Dragon by Naomi Novik (Temeraire series)
11) White Cat by Holly Black (Curse Workers series)
12) A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness (All Souls Trilogy)
There are always great fantasy and sy-fy series appearing. Who knows what I’ll find next week. Happy New Year everybody!
Posted on January 2, 2012, in books, fiction, what I have my eye on and tagged 1st in a series reading challenge, 2012, book, books, coming soon, fiction, reading challenges. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.