Booking Through Thursday – Interview
Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme about (mostly) books.
This week’s questions is: If you could sit down and interview anyone, who would it be? And, what would you ask them?
Oh god. Watch my brain go completely blank for a moment. There are so many people, real and fictional, that I would love to just be in the same room as, let alone talk to. Since I can’t choose just one (It’s like a bag of chips people! You can’t eat just one!), I’ll list them.
1) Neil Gaiman and I’d probably just ask the man to talk. I don’t care about what either. I love me some British accent. I’d love to pick the man’s brain just to see what makes it tick. Gaiman wrote Stardust and The Graveyard Book for fuck’s sake. He’s either brilliant or crazy and possibly both.
2) James McAvoy and, again, I’d probably just ask the man to talk. McAvoy has been my favorite actor since Atonement came out in 2007. He has put out a movie, sometimes more than one, every year for the last decade. He blew me away as Charles Xavier in X-Men First Class last year. I’d probably ask him how he wasn’t dead from exhaustion yet. Then I’d try to pet him. My favorite parts of the Children of Dune miniseries are the parts where he runs around shirtless. Damn cute boy. He’s only four years older than me. We could make it work.
3) Johnny Depp. I’d ask him what it was like playing so many different people over his career and if his characters have any of him hidden inside. Depp is crazy but he’s the most talented crazy person I’ve ever had the pleasure of paying $12 to see on the big screen.
4) Terry Pratchett. What part of your messed up mind spat out Discworld and what part of my brain do I need to break to do the same thing?
5) Sherlock Holmes. Deduce me, detective.
6) Jeremy Brett (who played Sherlock Holmes in the Granada series and will be the first person I think of when I think of Holmes canon for the rest of my life.) What was it like playing such a challenging roll, both before and after your health began to fail. What pushed you to continue to play Holmes when you began to get sick?
7) Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. (He wrote Sherlock Holmes.) People say that you began to hate your most popular character and even tried to kill Holmes off so you could stop writing him. Is that true? What made you hate your creation?
8) Magento. (from the X-Men comics) You survived the Holocaust and yet you are trying to commit genocide yourself. What messed up logic are you using to justify that?
9) J.R.R Tolkien. The Lord of the Rings and your other books set in Middle Earth are the foremost example of the fantasy genre. What drove you to create such a complete fantasy world?
10) Harry Potter. Most sane people would have gone running for the hills when confronted with a magical world they never knew existed and an evil dark lord bent on their death. What made you stay and fight?
I’ll stop there. I could go on but that would be one long list. There are countless people I want to shake and just scream “What makes you so awesome?” in their faces. I suspect that “insanity” is part of the answer.
Happy Thursday everybody!
Posted on January 5, 2012, in book meme, Booking Through Thursday and tagged book, book game, book meme, booking through thursday, meme, meme for book bloggers, random questions. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.