Something Wicked Comes Giveaway Hop
Welcome and thank you for stopping by! This is my entry for the Something Wicked Comes giveaway blog hop. From me you may win one copy of Silence by Michelle Sagara. (Please read the rules and then click HERE to enter.)
Silence by Michelle Sagara
Ever since her boyfriend Nathan had died in a tragic accident, Emma had been coming to the graveyard at night. During the day she went through the motions at her prep school, in class, with her friends, but that’s all it was. For Emma, life had stopped with Nathan’s death. But tonight was different. Tonight Emma and her dog were not alone in the cemetery. There were two others there—Eric, who had just started at her school, and an ancient woman who looked as though she were made of rags. And when they saw Emma there, the old woman reached out to her with a grip as chilling as death…
Emma was not quite like others teenagers. It was true that other girls had experienced grief. Other girls had also lost their fathers, or had their boyfriends die in a senseless accident. But though she hadn’t known it till that night in the graveyard, unlike those other girls, she could see, touch, and speak with the dead. In fact, Emma could draw upon the essence of the dead to work magic. That was what Necromancers did. But Emma had no desire to be a Necromancer. She just wanted to help the ghosts who walked the streets of Toronto, unable to escape from the land of the living. And that was just as well, because had she chosen the path of the Necromancer, Eric would have had to kill her.
Instead, Eric and his fellow Necromancer hunter Chase found themselves violating every rule they were sworn to follow, becoming part of Emma’s group, helping her to stand against those who preyed upon the dead. But whether Emma and her friends could survive such a battle was anyone’s guess. And whether Emma could learn to use the magic of the dead against her enemies without herself falling victim to the lure of such power remained to be seen. Eric seemed to think she could, and her living friends would never abandon her. But only time would tell what Emma’s true destiny was…
You can read my review of Silence by Michelle Sagara here.
1) Contest is open to U.S. only.
2) Contest is open from October 14 to November 1. So through Halloween.
3) You may enter once.
4) I require only that you follow me. I don’t care how. You can follow my Twitter, Google+, Linky Followers, Email Subscription, RSS, or through WordPress if you so desire. Follow me however you want and in the extra info put which method you followed me and under what username if different from log in. All follow options can be found on the right sidebar.
5) Winner must have valid email address. Failure to respond within 72 hours (3 days) will result in a new winner being chosen.
6) I reserve the right to somehow mess this up and/or do something stupid. Possibly both.
Please comment with any questions, bugs, or rants. Let the madness begin!