Musing Mondays 4/22/13
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
Happy Earth Day, everybody! I hope everyone has their little seedlings to plant. I get to run out to the store and get more potting soil this evening since I ran out yesterday right in the middle of my planting spree. Five marigolds, two parsley, two basil, and one rosemary plant survived to planting age and have been transferred into proper pots. I didn’t have enough soil left to get my morning glory seeds planted. Next I need to get some flowers for my hanging baskets. I need to be careful because I’m on a budget and going over means big trouble in May. Ouchie!
Anyway, made a library trip last week and came home with another stack of books. Finished The Runaway King by Jennifer A. Nielson and The False Princess by Eilis O’Neal and started Small Medium at Large by Joanne Levy. So, expect a review for Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter tomorrow and a review for The Runaway King by Jennifer A. Nielson on Wednesday. (I’ll continue to post two reviews a week for as long as I can keep up the pace. So, fingers crossed.)
My bookish plans for this week are to do a cleanup of my Goodreads to be read shelf. There are books on there I added over two years ago and I really have no interest in reading them anymore. (I wonder if I can keep them on a secondary list without having them in the three primary lists? Like, I could keep a book listed under LBGT without it also being listed under read, to be read, or currently reading? Can I do that?) [Answer: BIG FAT NO!]
I’m still waiting for my tax refunds to be dropped into my checking account. At that point, I need to renew my car insurance. Whatever is left will be split between the savings account and maybe a couple of bucks for a night on the town. Sorry, no plans for a book buying spree. I might head down to the garden district in the city and hit a few of the bookstores I wanted to feature down there. A spiritual group meets once a month at MoKoBe’s Coffeehouse on the corner of Tower Grove Park. Dunn Books is right next to there. I might kill two birds with one stone.
Did anybody do anything for Earth Day this past weekend?