Musing Mondays 6/17/13
Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week… Hosted by Should Be Reading.
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
I am about to commit a cardinal library sin. I am about to knowingly keep a book over its due date. Why? Because it is The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnett, it’s due today, and I’m not done with it. Worse, I can’t renew it because the book is brand spanking new and other people have it on reserve. No renewals possible on a book other people are requesting. (whimper) Don’t hate me! I’ll return it tomorrow and give you the ten cents. But, I waited to read The Nightmare Affair until last and now I’m racing to finish it. I don’t think I can do it before tonight. There is a little thing called work in my way. (Dang it!) (hides face in shame)
Has anyone else had to do this before? Have you ever just needed one more night on a book you couldn’t renew and just pretended to forget so you could keep it? I’m going to book hell, I just know it! The only book there will be War and Peace in the original Russian…
I spent a lazy Saturday catching up on some writing projects and doing a bit of cleaning. I’m having a party next weekend and I’m trying to space out the things I need to do to get ready so I’m not rushing around like a chicken with my head cut off come Saturday morning. Then I spent all of Sunday over at the parents’ house for Father’s Day, praising the crotchety old bastard. My brother and I got a bit more done on cleaning out the basement and then he grilled some pork steaks while I made a mountain of mashed potatoes. (Then I got to listen to my Dad’s disapproval over my washing machine acting up. He seems to think that something completely out of my control is a reflection of how well I can manage my life. He did the same thing when the brakes on my car were squeaking. I love my family, really I do.)
So, how was everyone else’s weekend?