Musing Mondays 7/1/13
Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week… Hosted by Should Be Reading.
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
I’m fully immersed in preparing for my week long celebration for my two year blog anniversary. I’m in the process of deciding which books to include during that week since I want to include books that are more recently released rather than focusing on my huge back log of to be read books. I’m also looking for a few more people to be guest bloggers. So, if you have a book blog, have time to answer a few interview questions, write a blurb for your blog, and, if you want, perhaps a post on a topic of your choosing, then email me at email@example.com and we’ll set something up.
I just finished The Hero’s Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healy. Expect a review on Wednesday. I’ve been a bit lazy and I’m still working my way through The Winter Witch by Paula Brackston and I just started The Madman’s Daughter by Megan Shepherd on Sunday. I need to get popping on some other books to have them finished on time.
I’m still reading in fits and starts, which is really frustrating because I can read a book in about two days if I could just freaking focus. But I’m having trouble focusing my attention on just one thing. I end up reading something on the internet (usually fanfiction). Then there are a few stories that I am writing myself that take up time. (I have trouble focusing on those as well and getting things done.) Ugh! Why won’t my brain cooperate with me! The books are interesting, don’t get me wrong. But for some reason I’m just antsy.
I need to get off my butt and go get a copy of The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman. I really want to read it and I think I’ll have a giveaway during the blog celebration for it and whatever Gaiman books look good when I get to the bookstore. I’ll give away a Gaiman prize pack! (winces when she thinks about how much money this will cost her)
Welcome to July, everybody! (Thank all the gods I have Thursday off. Maybe I’ll get something done!)